lunes, 23 de mayo de 2016

Not that I knew

Poetry is not dead
Till the last man dies
Till the last word is obliverated

Like earth we'll be cracked
Like silk will be torn

All the birds flying over will sing the same tune
The water not fallen
Will swirl around our bones
And we'll learn the light is not the colour
as all beginnings are round

I see just old Gods plowing through the graveyard
They carry with their children along the muddy trail of blood
No one stands still to face the rage of future
No one knows you anymore

There is a boy crying on his mother lap
There is a belt hung up the door
There were millions of betrayers
Licking the sweat of the forbidden love

Poetry is carved in time's skin
One woman tries to decipher it all
The last poet is drying out in the dark night
Moonshine was the last he wrote

Until the last man
With the sunset
They brought him down from the cross
Not that I knew
By your look, that was all

You know, I dreamt I was alive
I was a poet

But it was not

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario